Gradually, non-essential service workers are resuming their activity. For this reason, Eurofred air conditioning experts warn of the importance of maintaining optimum indoor air quality.
Even before the irruption of Covid-19, urban populations already spent between 80% and 90% of their time indoors and, as the WHO warns us, they can be up to 10 times more polluted. than the outside.
Madrid 22th April 2020 Spain is currently in a state of national alarm due to COVID-19, but at the same time, little by little, non-essential service workers are resuming their activity. To follow an effective prevention strategy, hygiene is the first line of defense, but we can also include other measures to maintain the air quality of enclosed spaces, where most urban populations already passed between 80% and 90 % of our time even before the irruption of the Covid-19. As the WHO warns us, it can be up to 10 times more polluted than the outside.
“The World Health Organization has been warning for years about the importance of air quality and its adverse health effects.. In the conditioning of air is of vital importance the distribution of cleaner air, not only in aseptic spaces such as clinics and laboratories, but also in offices, nursing homes, shopping centers, homes or gyms, he assures José López, Product Manager of Eurofred. More than ever, COVID-19 poses a new threat, but also a challenge in seeking preventive measures to help protect public health.
In this sense, López recommends us to take into account the following, to obtain a higher quality of indoor air:
• Increase ventilation and air renewal. RITE regulations require that in non-residential buildings it is mandatory to renew the air by means of mechanical systems, since only through ventilation the CO2 generated by people in an interior is extracted and air with a greater amount of oxygen is provided. . Now the ventilation will have to be much higher, especially when the spaces are occupied or about to be occupied.
• Check the heat recuperators. These are solutions that expel indoor air and introduce outdoor air by exchanging thermal energy between two streams. It is very important to make sure that these computers never mix the outlet air and the intake air.
• In existing public buildings, such as offices or shopping malls, it is important change the starting points of the ventilation machine. That is, lower them to force the computer to ventilate much more.
• In the case of bathrooms, different research has shown that they can be a major source of infection. In this way, it is recommended that the extractor run continuously and keep the windows closed so that no cross-flows of air occur.
• Contemplate the installation of CATP equipment that is capable of removing high percentages of particles up to 0.1 microns in size to reduce the viral load, a factor that greatly complicates both the infection and the prognosis of the affected person.
• Purifiers, although they cannot eradicate 100% risk, can be an important prevention tool, as can gloves or masks. Like this, An air purifier is a protection against any suspended air virus, including COVID-19.
As experts in indoor environmental quality, from Eurofred guarantee that the virus, when moving in aerosols as particles that can be less than 0.5 microns in size and only if suspended in the air, can be filtered. through a unique method that manages to filter down to particles smaller than 0.1 micrometers. Specifically, in Daitsu by Zonair3d, brand distributed by Eurofred, handling with an exclusive filtration system with 3 stages of filtration, offering and maintaining and of extreme air quality (99.9995%) *. Example of this is lNGO Médecins Sans Frontières, which incorporates this technology as a mobile operating room to provide an efficient and healthy surgical response to populations in need of urgent help.
Eurofred distributes exclusively brands such as Fujitsu, General, Daitsu, Clint, ISA, Missa, Elettrobar Coolhead, Technoblock and Giorik, among others. Equipment for different sectors (domestic, commercial and industrial air conditioning, heating and hospitality) that stand out for their high energy efficiency in a model that includes the professional channel and the final consumer, which offers the highest excellence in products and services .
Noelia Iglesias / Carla Sigler
Tel: +34 935.228.600